My Dashain Celebration

As we all know, Dashain is the main festival of Hindu people. Like every nepali people, me and my family also celebrated for fifteen days. Since my permanent hometown Kathmandu, I celebrated this joyous festival in Kathmandu with my family. On the first day, my mother planted jamara.
Then, next day I went for shopping with my family. I bought nice clothes and shoes. I also went to watch movie with my brother and sister. We had a lot of fun and ate delicious lunch and ice-cream too.
Then came the seventh day of Dashain. On that day, we brought foolpati in our house. In this day everyone brings foolpati inside their house, and thus this day is named as foolpati.
The eighth day and ninth day is called Asthami and Nawami respectively. Since I belong to newar family, festival is celebrated according to newar traditions. On Asthami, we had feast which is called "Kuchchi bhwey" in newari language. We had feast on the following day also.
After the wait, came the tenth and the most important day of this festival i.e. Dashami. At the beginning of the day, we made arrangement for putting tika and jamara. Everyone got ready by wearing new clothes and smiles on their faces. Then, we received tika, jamara, dakshina along with the blessings from our elders.
That day, we flew kites and played swing as well. We also played cards. We all ate deliciously tasty food. Then for the following five days, I along with my siblings and other family members visited relatives' house to receive tika. This festival was so fun-filled. By the end of Dashain, I along with my family went for a Pokhara trip.We had a five days trip. There, I visited Fewa lake, Gupteswor Mahadev, Mahendra cave, Davis fall, Bindubasini temple and International Mountaineering Museum.  It was my first visit to Pokhara and was a memorable trip. Well, this is all about the dashain experience of mine. It was memorable one indeed.

Some photos of Pokhara

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Father's day

Journey to jm

My Father