My Tihar Celebration





Talking about Tihar, its everyone's favorite. And its my favorite too. Tihar is known as the festival of lights. In this festival, everyone decorates their house with colorful lights and mud-made diya. It is celebrated for five days.


The first day is known as Kaag Tihar. On this day, people offer meal to crows. The second day is known as Kukur tihar. On this day, we offer meal to dog by worshiping them.This day is somehow special for me because my birthday is on this day according to newari tithi. Well, I celebrated my birthday on that day. I enjoyed a lot that day because I was showered with so much of love and gifts.


Similarly, the third day of Tihar is called Laxmi Puja. On this day, people worship cow in the morning and worship goddess laxmi in the evening. People clean their house and decorate them with lights. I also helped my mother to clean my house. And in the evening, i helped my sister to make rangoli. After that, we all ate delicious meal and then we all went in terrace to burn the firecrackers. That was the most exciting part of this festival.


The fourth day of tihar is called Mha puja. This day we worship ourself and make our soul pure. This day is also called newari new year. In this tihar, eventhough I didn't go to play deusi or bhailo but I enjoyed watching other people playing along with my family in my house.

Then came the fifth day which is called Bhaitika. In this day, my sister put seven coloured tika on my forehead and offered me blessing. At night, we burned some firecrackers and played cards. I along with my family celebrated this festival with lots of happiness and joy.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Father's day

Journey to jm

My Father